Sunday, April 10, 2011

I Musici de Montreal


After a movie at the Kansas City Film Fest, and a cocktail at the Hotel Phillips, I headed to the Folly Theater for I Musici de Montreal. Founded by cellist and conductor Yuli Turovsky, I Musici de Montreal is a chamber orchestra of 15 musicians that performs a vast repertoire extending from the baroque to the contemporary. The orchestra presents a busy schedule of over 100 concerts per season throughout the world, including three prestigious series in Montreal. This extraordinary amount of activity places I Musici de Montreal among the most important touring orchestras in Montreal.

Since its beginning, I Musici de Montreal has released more than 40 cds that are distributed in more than 50 countries around the world. Their recording of Handel has since become a reference recording of the highest standard.

I Musici de Montreal has performed in some of the greatest halls in the world. Public enthusiasm and critical acclaim , their precision, cohesion and virtuosity of performance has confirmed their importance on the world's musical stage.