Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Clearwater to Memphis (not so good vibrations...)

After visiting the Dali Museum, we headed over to Clearwater and after checking into the hotel, attempted to drive to Clearwater Beach. The weekend meant bumper to bumper traffic so instead, I tried to find my cousin who winters in Clearwater. I found his condo, but he didn't answer his phone, so we zipped back to the hotel and got ready for dinner at Ceviche. After dinner we headed to a concert at Ruth Eckerd Center for the Arts, and afterward headed to the Westin for cocktails. The next morning, at the crack of dawn, we headed for Kansas City by way of our first stop - Memphis. We took a side trip in Georgia to do some cemetery sleuthing, and 10 hours and 5 states later, arrived at our hotel in downtown Memphis. I swear I was vibrating and felt light headed.....way too far to drive in one day. We made arrangements for a Memphis tour the next morning, ordered a pizza and crashed.