Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Chinatown Tour
















After an Oscar party at City Winery (on Varick) Sunday night, and then a good night's sleep, I walked down Canal Street to Mott and then south to Chatham Square to meet Raheem, the Chinatown eating/walking tour guide. Starting at Dim Sum Go Go our group of 12 enjoyed a sit down meal of an assortment of dumplings and sauces, plus tea and dessert. Next it was up Bowery to Doyers Street, where The Gangs Of New York was filmed, and then on to Mott Street to the Peking Duck House. Here we watched Peking ducks being sliced and then wrapped with scallions and sauce. Our next stop was the Elite Herb and Health store for bubble tea, Ten Ren's Tea and Ginseng shop and finally the Chinatown Ice Cream Factory on Bayard. These 3 hour tours are extremely enjoyable. I discovered many restaurants I need to visit next time!