My airline reservation was originally for Saturday, Feb. 7 at 8:20 AM. I planned to meet my Kansas City friend in Ontario, California at noon. On Friday I received a recorded phone message from Southwest Airlines that my flight was cancelled. I called and rescheduled for 8:20 AM Sunday. That flight was also cancelled; I rescheduled for 4:30 PM Monday and that flight was delayed until 7:30 PM. The cause: 30 inches of snow on Friday/Saturday and 20 more predicted for Tuesday.
I knew that even if I flew out at 7:30 I would miss my connection in Las Vegas so I called to book another flight Tuesday morning - telephone wait time: 1 hour 18 minutes! I got to the airport hoping for the best. The departure time kept changing from 7:30 to 6:00 to 7:10 to 6:30. We finally left at 6:45 on the one open BWI Airport runway.
Before disembarking the flight attendant announced that a flight was being held for those going on to Ontario at gate A9. I ran through 2 terminals only to discover there was no gate A9! Returning to the C terminal I found only one worker there who told me that the flight had already left from gate C9. Since it was almost midnight, I spent the night in the cold airport, sleeping twice for about a half hour each time.
I flew out at 7 AM and was picked up at 8:30 to start my 2 week (now 10 day) adventure.