Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Spending Christmas In New York









Last year I was thrilled to be able to spend 4 days in New York around Christmas, and I was happy to be able to do it again this year. It's a beautiful time to be in the city.


Friday afternoon I checked into my hotel and soon after set off to take pictures of Christmas lights and store window displays. I took the subway to 59th and 5th, and walked a few blocks to Dylan's Candy Bar and Bloomingdale's on 60th and 3rd Avenue.


Dylan's Candy Bar is owned by Dylan Lauren and stocks over 7,000 candies from around the world. The window displays of candy spell NAUGHTY and NICE.


Bloomingdale's started in 1861 when brothers Joseph and Lyman G. Bloomingdale began selling women's hoop-skirts. The store moved to its current location on 59th Street and Lexington Avenue in 1886. Bloomingdale's is owned by Macy's Inc.