
After checking out the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree, I walked from 50th Street up to Central Park where there was a crafts vendor show going on. I checked out a few booths and then found a park bench to enjoy the beautiful weather...and an apple for lunch. At 12:30 I walked over to the Time Warner Center and took the elevator to the 6th floor to check in for the Anderson taping. Last time, in November, I stood in the elevator line for 45 minutes, so this time I got wise and walked in after the crowd was already upstairs. I signed my waiver, went through security, and got in line to be seated.
This time I was by myself and I was seated in the 3rd row center which was the best seat in the house! There was a large aisle in front of me where Anderson walked from one side of the theater to the other. One time he stood in front of me to talk to his guests, so I think I got some pretty good on-air face time.
The segments of the show were plastic surgery nightmares and then two girls who discovered they were children of the same sperm donor. Anderson, between breaks, chatted with the audience and asked for questions. I asked if he had time to read, and if he did, what he was reading lately. He said he doesn't have a lot of time to read for pleasure, but that he keeps a book on his nightstand and had just finished Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. (Unbroken is the true inspiring story of Louie Zamperini who survived on a raft in the middle of the Pacific Ocean after having been shot down in May of 1943. Laura also wrote Sea Biscuit.)
I illegally (caught!!) snapped a photo after the show and you can see Anderson Cooper in a burgundy sweater at the top right of the picture.