About 6 o'clock I walked a couple blocks to MacDougal Street to have dinner at Monte's Trattoria. I had met Chef Pietro and his son Peter when I went on a food tour of Greenwich Village and have been back a number of times. After a wonderful glass of white wine and the Mediterannean sea bass, I walked to the Blue Note Jazz Club where I would be seeing the Angela Bofill Experience featuring Maysa and Dave Valentin.

After 2 major strokes and a 6 year absence, R&B sensation Angela Bofill returned to the stage to share highlights of her life and the hits that made her an international sensation in the late 70's and 80's. Beginning with narrations by Angela and anecdotes from her high school friend, flautist Dave Valentin, the show took the audience on a journey of her appearances on the Tonight Show, American Music Awards, and Soul Train. Six of Angela's albums hit the top 40.
Baltimore native Maysa provided the dynamic vocals for this performance event. Maysa is best known as the lead singer of the group Incognito, but has released 7 albums of her own.
Dave Valentin is a renowned crossover artist who combines Latin jazz with elements of R&B, pop, and Brazilian music. He has released over 12 albums since his record debut in 1977.
The evening ended with an almond tart and a chai tea latte at Caffe Reggio.