Saturday, September 11, 2010

Michigan Trip - 5th stop - Bay City





I left Lansing Sunday evening for Pontiac, near Detroit, to stay with the wild and fun Seling girls. Two days later, I headed to Port Huron to visit my 92 year old Uncle and 88 year old Aunt in their assisted living apartment.

From there I headed northwest to Bay City where I lived for 3 years before moving to Baltimore, Maryland. Here I stayed with a friend I "just happened" to meet when I spent a couple days in the local hospital, and received the best nursing care I will ever have.

Bay City is located near the base of Saginaw Bay on Lake Huron. The city is divided geographically by the Saginaw River, and travel between the east and west sides of the city is made possible by 4 modern drawbridges which allow large ships to travel easily down the river. Bay City was incorporated in 1865 and residents worked in the lumber, shipbuilding, and milling industries. The city is probably best known as Madonna's home town.
After 3 days in Bay City, I headed south and returned to Adrian and from there left for Baltimore. My 3 week vacation/family reunion trip was filled with fun, relatives, and good friends.