It's interesting that when I tell my friends and neighbors I'm moving, they say, "Oh, no!" Then when I tell them the story and how it is going to be one big adventure, they seem happier. Maybe we get comfortable with the status quo? Or are people afraid of change?
So I'm sifting through the apartment one last time in preparation for the last yard sale over the holiday weekend. I hope to sell the things I've been using up till now - my bicycle, coffee maker, toaster, dishes, silverware, furniture, etc. I'll be using paper plates and plastic spoons and forks for 3 weeks I guess. Even with most of my belongings already sold off, there is still quite a bit here. I find it fascinating that everything I want to save (hospital baby bracelet, family photos, graduation pics -) fills half a box. Now that is revealing! What is our attachment to "stuff?"